[distcc] distcc query

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 27 03:33:32 GMT 2004

Verma, Ajay wrote:
> I have configured scons,make and distcc to build my projects files.I
> build something around 10 executables from my project and I go with the
> option "scons -k" or "make -k" to go ahead if there is any error
> also."-k" works fine without distcc,but when I use with distcc,I see
> that sometimes it works absolutely fine and sometime it just come out
> after some errors.
> I really don't understand why its happening and not able to find out the
> reason behind this.

We can't really diagnose it from your description.
Worse yet, we can't imagine how this could be distcc's fault.

What's the minimal -j value where you observe the problem?
What's the simplest Makefile for which you observe the problem?
Does the problem happen with just Make (I don't trust scons as far as I can throw it :-)?
Can you post your Makefile (perhaps it has an error)?

- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com