[distcc] Re: Distccmon-gnome Gentoo

Lisa Seelye lisa at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 29 19:41:26 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 10:06, Peter Bloodsworth wrote:
> Thanks for your help, have tried checking permissions but are exactly the
> same as you suggested. Also ran the command you listed but still nothing
> just empty lines every 1 second. Any other ideas?

If I was debugging this locally my next step would be to watch an strace
of distccmon-text as a non-portage user to see if anything weird is
happening.  Then I would look at the portage user.  Note you will have
to write a shell script since sudo -u portage strace distccmon-text 1
tends to bomb when run from the bash prompt.  In the script just put:

DISTCC_DIR='/var/tmp/portage/.distcc' strace distccmon-text 1

call it with: sudo -u portage ./foo.sh

--
Regards,
-Lisa