[distcc] distcc could not create object file

江国平 gpjiang at huawei.com
Tue Mar 9 12:05:16 GMT 2004

 Hi,  Matin:
   I used distcc to compile my project, but got some error on stdout.
         CC: Invalid input file name /tmp/distccd_114ceeb2.ii, no output generated for this file.
         CC: Invalid input file name /tmp/distccd_c248eeb5.ii, no output generated for this file.
         ld: fatal: file ./debug/cltbuf.o: unknown file type
         ld: fatal: error , no output to ../../../../bin/debug/libte_util.so

   I found the size of objetc file was zero,

         -rw-r--r--   1 z16652   testgrp        0  3月  8 14:01 cltbuf.o
         -rw-r--r--   1 z16652   testgrp        0  3月  8 14:02 common.o

   I looked at /tmp/distcc.log file, but I couldn't found useful tips.

   When I just used CC to complie, I got .so file and .o file; then I just removed .so file and used distcc to link,
   I got .so file too. So, I think there is something wrong when distcc creating .o file.

   Now I stick distcc.log, maybe you can find what is wrong.