[distcc] distcc 2.12.1 patches

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Feb 19 04:43:25 GMT 2004

On 18 Feb 2004, Albert Chin <distcc at mlists.thewrittenword.com> wrote:
> 1. [src/exitcode.h]
>    IBM C compiler doesn't like trailing commas after last enum
>    constant.
> 2. [src/clinet.c]
>    Define h_errno for HP-UX 10.20.
> 3. [src/distcc.h]
>    Forward declaration of 'struct sockaddr' gives problems with IBM
>    C compiler. And, it's not needed.
> 4. [src/serve.c]
>    Forgot to include <sys/socket.h> Needed on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11i.
> 5. [src/types.h]
>    Remove definition of socklen_t if unavailable. We not declare it
>    correctly via autoconf.
> 6. [configure.ac]
>    a) Better detection for socklen_t. This code is taken from curl but
>       we submitted it so we own the copyright. Feel free to use as you
>       please.
>    b) Existence of mmap() doesn't imply MAP_FAILED exists. So, test
>       and define it if unavailable.
>    c) Replace the AC_CHECK_FUNCS(connect) mess.

Thanks!

> These patches were tested on:
>   AIX 4.3.2, 5.1; HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11i; IRIX 6.5;
>   Redhat Linux 7.1, 9; Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6, 7, 8, 9;
>   Tru64 UNIX 4.0D, 5.1

If you're really keen, you can try "make maintainer-check" as well.
You will need Python 2 to run it, but probably not too much more.  If
any tests fail, there will be some log files in testtmp.  Passing
maintainer-check should give pretty good assurance that it actually
works, though there may be linuxisms in the script that cause false
failures on other systems.

If you are not quite that keen I would be interested to hear if you
can compile hello.c on those platforms with distcc.