[distcc] distcc user output should use stdio

Joe Buehler jbuehler at hekimian.com
Tue Feb 3 15:52:38 GMT 2004

I have a problem with the output lines from the compiles getting
all scrambled up in my emacs compile buffer.  I checked the
source (2.12.1) and it looks like stdout and stderr from the
compiler are written to the user using write().

Using stdio would be more user-friendly because
the output for a tty or pty would then be line-buffered and
output lines from separate compiles would not be all mixed up.

It might be necessary to bump up the stdio buffer size -- compiler
output lines can get quite large.
--
Joe Buehler