[distcc] Cygwin hosted Linux distcc/gcc toolchain updated

Rob Snow rsnow at dympna.com
Wed Jan 21 06:47:15 GMT 2004

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated my Cygwin hosted Linux
distcc/gcc toolchain to 1.2 (012104).  This toolchain will allow you to use
your Windows boxes as Distcc compile hosts for your Linux machines.  It is
specifically designed for Gentoo Stable with the addition of distcc-2.12.1.  I
would guess it will work on other distributions, but I don't have any feedback
on this.

The toolchain contains:

binutils-2.14.90.0.7
glibc-2.3.2-r9 (Gentoo patched and built with linuxthreads)
gcc-3.2.3-r3 (Gentoo patched)
distcc-2.12.1

This 25MB distribution can be found at
ftp://ftp.dympna.com/pub/cross-linux-012104-stripped.tar.bz2

To install just cd /usr/local && tar xvjf
/some/where/cross-linux-012104-stripped.tar.bz2.  Read the README for making
distcc a Windows Service so it'll run transparently and startup.

--
Rob Snow