[distcc] Cygwin and /tmp problem

Perochon Sebastien Sebastien.Perochon at ixfin-mmarellise.com
Thu Jan 15 17:07:29 GMT 2004

	Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm going to try... and let you know...

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Paul_Donovan at scee.net [mailto:Paul_Donovan at scee.net]
Date: jeudi 15 janvier 2004 18:01
À: Perochon Sebastien
Cc: distcc at lists.samba.org
Objet: Re: [distcc] Cygwin and /tmp problem

On 15/01/2004 16:53:13 distcc-bounces+paul_donovan=scee.net wrote:

>    Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use distcc through Cygwin with a compiler not include in
> Cygwin.
> The problem is that the compiler doesn't understand POSIX pathnames since
it
> is a compiler to be used on Windows...
>
> Here are the log:
>
> $ distcc ccsh -c modul1.c -o modul1.o
> ccsh.exe: /tmp/distccd_c012bdfe.i: No such file or directory
> ccsh.exe: No input files
> distcc[1328] ERROR: compile on soped failed
>
> The compiler does'nt guess that the /tmp directory corresponds to c:\tmp

I fixed this problem by hacking dcc_get_tmp_top() in tempfile.c. I
attempted to create a slightly cleverer patch for the problem, but I'm not
sure it ended up as I would have liked it (it was many months ago). I've
attached it in the hope that it helps in some way.

(See attached file: dostmp.patch)
Cheers,

--
Paul Donovan
Senior Programmer, SCEE Cambridge

postmaster at scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.