[distcc] distcc 2.12 released

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Dec 19 05:34:23 GMT 2003

distcc 2.12 is out.  Thankyou to everyone who contributed patches,
suggestions, bug or success reports.

The changes in this release are not enormously exciting.  If none of
the items below apply to you, there is no urgent need to upgrade.

distcc-2.12  "Figgy Pudding"  2003-12-19

  FEATURES:

    * New --log-level feature allows logging of only errors rather
      than messages for each connection.

    * IPv6 support now works better when distcc is configured with
      --enable-rfc2553.  The server can normally accept either IPv4 or
      IPv6 connections.

    * New --with-docdir configure option to set install location for
      documents.  The default is the same as previously.  Patch from
      Harold L Hunt II.

  INTERNAL:

    * GNU-style ChangeLog is now included in the package.  Please keep
      it up to date if you make your own changes!

  PORTABILITY:

    * setgroups() was broken by Mac OS X Panther so that it will not
      accept setgroups(0, NULL) to clear the group list.  Instead we
      now set the group list to our single primary gid.  Suggestion
      from Wayne Davison.

    * sendfile problems on FreeBSD 4.9-RC fixed.  Patch from Allan
      Saddi.

    * MAXPATHLEN is provided if it's not defined, which is the case on
      GNU Hurd.  Reported by Santiago Vila as Debian #219600.

  BUG FIXES:

    * Check pkg-config information GNOME/GTK+ is now checked at
      configure time, not build time.  This is a bit quicker than
      running the script for every file we build, and means that
      PKG_CONFIG_PATH only needs to be set for configure.

  DOCUMENTATION:

    * Small documentation corrections.

Happy holidays,
                               linux.conf.au -- Adelaide, January 2004