[distcc] distcc and cachecc1

Benoit Poulot-Cazajous Benoit.Poulot-Cazajous at Jaluna.COM
Thu Dec 18 19:45:54 GMT 2003

Aris Basic <aris.basic at silencesoftware.com> writes:

> one thing i noticed when using cachecc1 with distcc is that distcc doesnt
> support some arguments cachecc1 is using for gcc -ifgcc3=<checksum> that
> maybe cachecc1 argument or something.

Oops. One part (followcc1.so) needs to know if gcc is version 3.x in order
to disable the integrated cpp and has to ask the other part (cachecc1)
if it knows the gcc version. Adding an extra parameter was not very clever.
I will fix that. In the meantime, you can try this :
-               if (!access(fname, F_OK)) {
+               if (1 || !access(fname, F_OK)) {

> But distcc with a cachecc1 integrated (optionaly) would be a nice thing :)

It would be a nice thing to make them _cooperate_. Integration has drawbacks...
What I am dreaming of is some kind of heterogeneous cross-compilation support
in distcc. Maybe I should stop dreaming and take a look at the code ;-)

  -- Benoit