[distcc] Re: How split c++ passes for MacOS X CrossCompiler

Dara Hazeghi dhazeghi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 22:13:07 GMT 2003

--- Markus Biermaier <mbier at office-m.at> wrote:

> Am Dienstag den, 2. Dezember 2003, um 18:24, schrieb
> Dara Hazeghi:
>
> > P.S. BTW, how did you manage to build a
> cross-compiler
> > to darwin? I've never gotten the process to work
> fully.
>
> Strange, it was YOUR thread on the list:
> "[distcc] distcc with cc1", that helped me to figure
> out the scheme.

Ah... right. That was a while back. I was interested
if you'd found a way to build a full cross compiler (I
haven't yet, I've hit a few snafus).

Regarding your initial question though, I think
<http://www.myownlittleworld.com/computers/darwin-cross-distcc.html>
may help. I haven't built X yet, but I suspect it
should work.

Basically, you have to download the same source
version compiler as the one on your OS X box, build it
on you Linux PC, etc. The assembler now works on Linux
as well, so that other issue you had should be moot.
Hope this helps,

Dara