[distcc] Patch for Sun's Workshop 6

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Nov 17 02:28:56 GMT 2003

On 23 Oct 2003, "P. Christeas" <chpa at intranet.gr> wrote:
> Hi all and thanks for the great project
> I have CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ 5.2, which works with distcc.
> However, that compiler doesn't like '.ii' input files.
> I simply created the following patch, which works for me but could break some
> others. Can you find a test or add a '--with-sun-cc' option to
> control that?

I'm glad you like distcc.

This patch is, as you say, no good at the moment because it will break
other compilers.  I can't think of a satisfactory way to decide at
runtime which compiler ought to be supported.  If somebody can suggest
one I might merge it.

For the meantime I can ship this in patches/ so people with sun cc can
apply it.

                               linux.conf.au -- Adelaide, January 2004