[distcc] Etoh's Stack Smashing Protector patch for gcc

Phil R Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Wed Nov 5 16:56:37 GMT 2003

Gentoo seems to now be including the "ProPolice" gcc extensions, originally from it's hardened fork.

Thus am I correct that I need to patch my volunteer's gcc to also include the stack protector extensions?  I've never patched anything before...  Does this mean I need to patch the source tree, then recompile gcc?

How can I check what other patches I may need to apply to my volunteer gcc (compiled by me under RH 7.3) in order for full compatibility with gentoo's emerge?

Thanks,
Phil