[distcc] Distccd port

William bill at vectracon.com
Wed Oct 29 23:27:18 GMT 2003

I have decided that I would like to take on the task of porting the
distcc daemon system to windows so that I, and possibly others, can take
advantage of windows systems on our network.

The current method of doing so just kinda...is poor. That method
includes either cygwin usage, or VMWare usage. Both cause a loss of
computer power, and I, personally, just couldn't get cygwin to work period.

Now, I know the crosscompiling will be...weird, but I'll try anyway,
wont be any worse than cygwin methinks.

I need a slight bit of information though, if anyone would be willing.
I'm reading through the source code right now, but it would be helpful
if someone can tell me the exact steps that are taken by both distcc and
the daemon. Knowing this I can better grok the source code, and in fact
speed up the process of building a basic distcc daemon with which I can
begin testing and building upon.

So if anyone can provide me with this information, that would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

~Billybob