[distcc] using ccache "multiple input files"

Heiko_Elger at arburg.com Heiko_Elger at arburg.com
Tue Oct 21 11:32:53 GMT 2003

Hello,

I' using the calling distcc with the full compiler name cause of using different
cross compiler versions
for example compiling distcc distribution (using native gcc it's just the same
behaviour):

    make -j10 CC="distcc c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc"

--> All works fine

If I use distcc and ccache
    make -j10 CC="ccache distcc c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc"

--> I never will get any ccache results. See following log file snippet of
ccache.

here is a snippet of the ccache log file:
--------------------- snip snip ------------------------------
multiple input files (c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc and src/backoff.c)
multiple input files (c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc and src/climasq.c)
multiple input files (c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc and src/clinet.c)
multiple input files (c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc and src/clirpc.c)
multiple input files (c:/programme/cygwin/bin/gcc and src/compile.c)
--------------------- snip snip ------------------------------

I'm not sure what's wrong, but cause calling distcc without the full path name,
all works fine, I assume that this is perhaps a problem of distcc.

Using gcc is just an example - I want to use discc for cross compiling with the
gnu cross compiler "ccpentium" from Wind River System.
And cause we have serveral different compiler versions we have to use the full
name of the compiler.

Perhaps anyone can give me a hint ....

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
best regards

   Heiko Elger

********************

ARBURG GmbH + Co
Heiko Elger
- Softwareentwicklung - / - Research and Development -
Arthur-Hehl-Strasse
D-72290 Lossburg
Tel.: +49 (0) 7446 33-3659
Fax.: +49 (0) 7446 33-3365
mailto:heiko_elgerNOSPAM at arburg.com
http://www.arburg.com

Bitte entfernen Sie "NOSPAM" von der  Email-Adresse
Please remove "NOSPAM" from the email address