[distcc] Auto discovery of volunteers

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 18 01:37:16 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 19:24, Martin Pool wrote:
> OK.  How is this better than having the clients check which hosts are
> up?
>
> We already remember which hosts are not working, so clients can share
> knowledge and won't waste time trying machines which were recently
> seen to be down.

Clients are the distcc binaries you're talking about? How are the down
hosts remembered? Like I said before, I lost track of things lately. The
last version I tried didn't remember so when a host was down I ended up
getting many errors of hosts down and it falling back to localhost
instead.

How about I go re-familiarize myself with distcc's latest happenings
before I utter more bollocks ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem