[distcc] One machine compile only

Piero B. Contezini distcc at piero.contezini.net
Mon Oct 13 12:40:13 GMT 2003

Hello, i dont know if this is the right list to look for help, my excuses if
its the wrong place.
I have spend some time trying to put distcc in my work environment, and this
seems to work only with one node.
I have configured the DISTCC_HOSTS with 3 hosts, like this:
DISTCC_HOSTS='localhost apolo.dev hercules.dev'
All the tree machines have the distcc daemon running (distccd --daemon)
as user distcc.
The build works fine but with distccmon-gnome i can only see one machine being
used, with that variable only localhost builds. When i put apolo.dev as the
first machine, it only builds on apolo.dev, as with hercules, this seems the
two nodes are working.
The compile options are make -j8 and CC=distcc
Another interesting thing is that, when I put only apolo.dev as the builds, it
take a lot more time to build than localhost
Localhost: Athlon 1.6 ghz, 512 RAM
apolo.dev: PIV 2.4 ghz 1 gb RAM
hercules: PII 1.2 ghz, 512 RAM

Anyone have seen this problem before?