Réf. : Re: [distcc] distcc on sgi/irix

Daniel.Biehle at sanofi-synthelabo.com Daniel.Biehle at sanofi-synthelabo.com
Mon Oct 13 11:37:33 GMT 2003

Dear Martin,

      Everything has been done and the new tar file is available at :
http://dbrain.free.fr/projects/packages/distcc/        (the name of the
file is now distcc-2.11.1.tardist).

      The COPYING file as well as other files such as README, AUTHORS, NEWS
and reporting-bugs-txt has been added (will be installed in the
/usr/local/share/doc/distcc directory). Man pages have also been added.

      I didn't need to make any change for distcc to compile.
      Please accept my apologies for the missing files and my too bad
english ;o) (and also this email indented by Lotus Notes ;)

Daniel.

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Martin Pool     |
|         |           <mbp at samba.org> |
|         |                           |
|         |           13/10/2003 10:22|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        Pour :   Daniel Biehle/FR-STRBRG/RESEARCH/SANOFI at Research                                              |
  |        cc :     distcc at samba.org                                                                              |
  |        Objet :  Re: [distcc] distcc on sgi/irix                                                               |

On 13 Oct 2003, Daniel.Biehle at sanofi-synthelabo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I'm using several SGI machines and compiled distcc on a SGI
Origin300
> machine, with IRIX 6.5.20m without any problem.
>
> I've packaged the distcc irix version with the swpkg (standard irix
> packager) and included the files into a tar file. Maybe you could add it
> into the binaries list ? As you wish !
>
> Thanks you for the great job you are doing with this distcc ! ;o)
>
> You can grab it at :
> http://dbrain.free.fr/projects/packages/distcc/distcc.tardist
> I've tested it on IRIX 6.5.20m running on O2, Octane, Octane2, Origin200,
> Origin300 and Origin2000 without any trouble !

That's great!  Thankyou.

Can I ask you to do a couple of things:

 - Put the version number into the tarfile name so that it is obvious
   to people who are downloading it.  In particular I want to avoid
   people in the future accidentally downloading old versions....

 - To comply with the terms of the GNU GPL under which distcc is
   licenced, you *must* include a copy of the GPL in your installable
   package.  (For example into /usr/local/share/doc/distcc/COPYING.)

I would prefer if you could include the manpages and other
documentation as well.

Did you need to make any changes other than just compiling it?

I'd be happy to add a link if you could address these couple of
issues.