[distcc] distcc 2.11.1 released

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 8 12:07:45 GMT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Martin Pool wrote:

>     * The graphical monitor can now be configured with either
>       --with-gnome or --with-gtk.  In the second case, the GNOME
>       libraries are not used.  In both cases the resulting program is
>       called distccmon-gnome and the functional differences are fairly
>       small.

The shipped desktop file gives the following problem for me:

	# desktop-file-install --vendor gnome --add-category X-Red-Hat-Base --dir /var/tmp/root-distcc-2.11.1/usr/share/applications gnome/distccmon-gnome.desktop
	Error on file "gnome/distccmon-gnome.desktop": Error in section Desktop
	Entry at line 6: Invalid characters in key name

It seems that (at least my) desktop-file-install doesn't like key names
with a space in them (Generic Name).

Also, is there a reason why the .desktop file isn't installed in
$(datadir)/applications/ (and the icon in $(datadir)/pixmaps/) ?
My package is now doing that manually.

I would also change the .desktop file to the following:

	[Desktop Entry]
	Name=Distcc Monitor
	Comment=Graphical view of distributed compile tasks
	Exec=distccmon-gnome
	Icon=distccmon-gnome-icon.png
	Terminal=false
	Type=Application
	Categories=GNOME;Application;Development;
	StartupNotify=true

Unless some of the other key names offers functionality that I'm not aware
of. I'd like the menu-entries uppercase, as this is common practice for
Gnome.

My package is using the above .desktop file currently because of the
desktop-file-install problem.

Thanks in advance,