[distcc] distcc-2.11.1 on Solaris

Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Wed Oct 8 09:20:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am unable to build distcc-2.11.1 with GTK+ support on Solaris because
it seems there is a dependency on Glade. Glade is not part of GTK+ and
is probably not available precompiled for Solaris:

$ ./configure --with-gtk --without-gnome
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking version of gtk+-2.0... 2.2.4
checking version of libglade-2.0... sh: gnome-config: not found
Package libglade-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libglade-2.0.pc'
No package 'libglade-2.0' found
configure: error: libglade-2.0 was not found by pkg-config
$
Can this Glade dependency be removed in the case of --with-gtk? Indeed
Glade depends on Gnome as far as I know, so if you need Glade you
already have Gnome - and the --with-gtk option doesn't make sense. If
you cannot get rid of this Glade dependency, I suggest discarding
--with-gtk.

--
Dimitri