[distcc] How to try to use other compiler than gcc?

Lisa Seelye lisa at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 19 23:31:54 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 04:40, Nagatomo Tamio wrote:
> Isn't distcc just a wrapper which realize distribute
> build? If so, we could set some option and could change
> compiler from gcc to favorite compiler.
>
> I expect this is not supported, but I want to know how to
> try this.

Yes.

What distcc reccomends (Masquerading section in manpage) is:
   mkdir -p /usr/lib/distcc/bin
   cd /usr/lib/distcc/bin
   ln -s ../../../bin/distcc gcc
   ln -s ../../../bin/distcc cc

etc.

So if you do the same for your favorite compiler it should invoke distcc
instead of the real compiler.

Do not forget to set your PATH envvar to specify /usr/lib/distcc/bin
before the real compiler's path.

--
Regards,
-Lisa