[distcc] Yet another compile failure

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Sep 17 01:52:06 GMT 2003

On 15 Sep 2003 Ajay Agrawalla <aagrawalla at hyperchip.com> wrote:

> For gcc incompatibility problems..
>
> I was thinking like adding a compiler pree-qulification phase where
> the master builder would provide the compile requirements and the
> slave builder would present their credientials ( like gcc version etc
> etc ) and qualify to be part of the build process...

The question is, what tests do you do to make sure they're compatible?
As has been discussed here before, merely testing that they report the
same version is not sufficient.  (It might be a good start.)  You
might need an autoconf-like list of known problems for different
versions of gcc.  This can be pretty complex.