[distcc] A patch to introduce recursive mkdir and more

Lisa Seelye lisa at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 10 18:54:35 GMT 2003

Since I forgot to cc the list last week, here goes:

Attached is a patch to address some problems I have had locally; it does
two things:

First: It allows for a "mkdir -p" like dcc_mkdir() to create directories
recursivly.

Second: It goes back to pre 2.10's method of storing state and lock
files.  The program will now store the state/lock files in
$DISTCC_DIR/getuid()/{state,lock}.  The notable change is the addition
of the getuid.

The rational for this is that it allows for centralized placement of
$DISTCC_DIR where users are unable to reuse the same DISTCC_DIR.

Users are unable to reuse the pre-patch lock directory because currently
distcc does not clean out the lock directory after compilation is done,
and users are not permitted to place their own files in the lock
directory when there are two concurrent compilations running.

Admittedly this is only a problem in the event of a centralized
DISTCC_DIR.  The patch stems from my Gentoo-centric view and need to
have the monitor programs accessable outside a $HOME or $TMPDIR.  This
patch allows for a globally set DISTCC_DIR to appease Portage and users
alike.  Users may still reset DISTCC_DIR to their liking (though a
cosmetic issue of the getuid() still remains).

This patch may also be found at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lisa/distcc/tempfile.c.recursive_mkdir_and_uid_distccdir.patch

--
Regards,