[distcc] Corrupted object files when using ccache + distcc

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Aug 26 02:32:56 GMT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:03:14 +1000
Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:27:31 +0300
> Gavrie Philipson <gavrie at disksites.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll be able to do that tomorrow, hopefully. I'll also do some more
> > tests with another NFS server.
>
> Can you please try running the attached test case?  It contains an
> extract of the relevant code in standalone form.  Just run with
>
>   ./mmaptest /disksites/scratchfile

I've been running this on an NFS filesystem on a stock 2.4.20 kernel
and I can't get it to fail.  I think it should fail in the same way on
your NFS filesystem though; if not we'll have to try to work out what
is different.  If it does fail, it should be sufficiently
self-contained to go into a bug report to the NFS developers.