[distcc] Corrupted object files when using ccache + distcc

Gavrie Philipson gavrie at disksites.com
Mon Aug 25 08:27:31 GMT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 10:56, Martin Pool wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:01:30 +0300
>
> "Gavrie Philipson" <gavrie at disksites.com> wrote:
> > It is indeed an NFS-mounted filesystem (Linux NFSv3).
>
> I can't reproduce this on an NFS system here.
>
> What kernel version does your machine use?

It's Red Hat's 2.4.20-19.9 on the client, and 2.4.20-8 (RH9 default) on the
NFS server.

> If you have RH support perhaps you should file a bug with them?

I don't, but anyone can file a bug in their Bugzilla. However, we don't have
proof yet that it's a Red Hat bug, do we?

> Please let me know if you can get the strace and tcpdump results.

I'll be able to do that tomorrow, hopefully. I'll also do some more tests with
another NFS server.

-- Gavrie.