[distcc] libxml2-2.5.9 fails with distcc.

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Aug 13 04:34:03 GMT 2003

On 12 Aug 2003, Kirtis Bakalarczyk <kirtis_b at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Well i'm relatively certain that it is at least not libxml because if i
> reenable distcc and remerge libxml it fails again.  I suppose it's
> possible that it isn't directly related to distcc, but distcc is where
> the evidence seems to point, which is why i reported it here.
>
> And i'm afraid that poking around in the source is slightly beyond my
> abilities atm.

Now would be an excellent time to learn. :-)

Why else would you choose to compile from scratch?

> Well, as i stated above, I can reproduce it under the same conditions.
> I do also have ccache in my FEATURES list.. Could this be affecting
> it?

So are you saying it works with cache alone, and fails with
ccache+distcc?  What happens with distcc and not ccache?

> Once again, I'm afraid I can't be much help here as i've never come
> across a *.i before and wouldn't know where to find one.

Set

  export DISTCC_SAVE_TEMPS=1 DISTCC_VERBOSE=1

then look in the log file to find the location of the .i files.  (Or
just look in /tmp for the most recent one.)