[distcc] Using distcc with cross compilers

Carter Sanders general at cartersanders.com
Thu Aug 7 17:41:05 GMT 2003

Sorry if this is a repost - I haven't seen the last one and I think the
authorized didn't let it through.

My company has a pretty complicated build system that builds cross
compilers with gcc at build time and then invokes them to create builds
for various embedded platforms. Consequently, a majority of our build
time involve calls to the cross compilers rather than native gcc
invocations.

Is distcc adaptable for this sort of application? My initial read is
that if I have a different distcc daemon running with DISTCCPATH=<cross
compiler path> for each platform, I should be OK. Has anybody tried this?

TIA - Carter