[distcc] Distcc log files

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Aug 5 07:13:16 GMT 2003

On  5 Aug 2003, Frerich Raabe <raabe at kde.org> wrote:
> Am Tuesday 05 August 2003 08:30 schrieb Martin Pool:
> > I'd like to do 2.10 later this week with this change and also the
> > CVS fix that Frerich and Wayne (?) found.
>
> Wayne found it.
>
> > Are any other changes wanted?
>
> I've been doing some more work on the KDE monitor; I do not know whether you
> started working on adding support for KDE libraries to the configure scripts,
> but the monitor itself is quite nice already.

I just built it here; it looks like a nice beginning.

> So far, it features the standard list-style view, as well as an EtherApe-like
> mode (which I call "Star View", please tell me in case you know a better name
> for it), but I would appreciate it if the second mode could be tested a bit
> more - I only have a three-node cluster here, and that doesn't look too
> spectacular in the EtherApe-style view.

Unfortunately I only have easy access to three machines too.

> I attached a tarball with what I have so far; it lacks a proper buildsystem
> obviously, but I did not plan to do that anyway since I hope to get this
> integrated into the distcc build some time. The tarball contains a script
> which expects the environment variables "KDEDIR" and "QTDIR" to be set
> ($KDEDIR/bin/startkde should exist, $QTDIR/bin/moc should exist). Also, you
> will most likely need to adjust the "DISTCC_DIR" variable at the top of the
> script - it needs to point to the directory of your distcc CVS checkout
> ($DISTCC_DIR/src/exitcode.h needs to exist).

You need <math.h> in mon-kde.cc to get M_PI as well.  (Perhaps it's
pulled in by your version of KDE, but it is not with mine.)  Aside
from that it built fairly easily, and seems to work well.

One of us needs to find the right autoconf incantations for finding
the KDE headers.

Yours,