[distcc] Distcc log files

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 06:50:43 GMT 2003

Am Tuesday 05 August 2003 08:30 schrieb Martin Pool:
> I'd like to do 2.10 later this week with this change and also the
> CVS fix that Frerich and Wayne (?) found.

Wayne found it.

> Are any other changes wanted?

I've been doing some more work on the KDE monitor; I do not know whether you
started working on adding support for KDE libraries to the configure scripts,
but the monitor itself is quite nice already.

So far, it features the standard list-style view, as well as an EtherApe-like
mode (which I call "Star View", please tell me in case you know a better name
for it), but I would appreciate it if the second mode could be tested a bit
more - I only have a three-node cluster here, and that doesn't look too
spectacular in the EtherApe-style view.

I attached a tarball with what I have so far; it lacks a proper buildsystem
obviously, but I did not plan to do that anyway since I hope to get this
integrated into the distcc build some time. The tarball contains a script
which expects the environment variables "KDEDIR" and "QTDIR" to be set
($KDEDIR/bin/startkde should exist, $QTDIR/bin/moc should exist). Also, you
will most likely need to adjust the "DISTCC_DIR" variable at the top of the
script - it needs to point to the directory of your distcc CVS checkout
($DISTCC_DIR/src/exitcode.h needs to exist).

- Frerich