[distcc] gcc bootstraps with distcc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Aug 3 18:15:10 GMT 2003

On Aug  3, 2003, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya.co.uk> wrote:

>> No response, so I assume -Pwd is a reasonable option.  Here's a
>> patch, bootstrapped on i686-pc-linux-gnu.  Ok to install?

> There has been no agreement on this patch.

Which is why I have only posted it, instead of just checking it in.

> If there were, it would need to be -fpwd.

This is stupid.  -fpwd would be an option for the compiler.  I'm
talking about an option for the preprocessor.  -P is the option that
tells the preprocessor to not emit line markers.  -Pwd is an obvious
extension to make it not emit the preprocessing working directory.
I don't see why -fpwd would be any better.

Anyway, if you still have any issues other than the spelling of the
option, please let me know.  Since I asked whether you still had any
issues before and you didn't bring up any, I could only assume that
you didn't.  If you could please be a bit respectful of the time I'm
spending on this, please let me know of any other issues you still
have with the patch, so that I can address them all in the next round.

Thanks,