[distcc] Include guard for exitcode.h

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 03:07:47 GMT 2003

Am Friday 01 August 2003 04:13 schrieb Martin Pool:
> On 30 Jul 2003, Frerich Raabe <raabe at kde.org> wrote:
> > the header file exitcode.h lacks an include guard. This results in
> > annoying error messages from the compiler about multiple declarations.

> Is there some reason (C++ ?) why you need an include guard?  If so I
> can add it.

The reason I want it is that right now my source files are coupled (one source
file has to know which other source file(s) include exitcode.h, in the worst
case I get a lot of header files coupled to each other just because one end
of the chain needs an include file which in turn includes exitcode.h.

This problem is related to the fact that in C++, you often split classes into
their own .h/.cc file pairs, it's very very uncommon to put everything into
one file.

> Would you like extern "C" as well?

No, it's not necessary for exitcode.h, that header file does not provide any
functions.

- Frerich