[distcc] Distcc and gentoo..

Svein Erik Brostigen svein.brostigen at oracle.com
Wed Jul 30 20:54:48 GMT 2003

Hi!

I saw that there was a note in the FAQ about running distcc with Gentoo.

This has been simplified with the newer versions of Portage, the package tool.
When using 2.0.46 or higher of Portage, the use of distcc has been added to
the FEATURES option in the /etc/make.conf file and by setting distcc like
this:
FEATURES="sandbox cache distcc"
there is no need for any specific compiler options ala CC=distcc, portage will
do this automatically for you.
For more information see http://dev.gentoo.org/~lisa/distcc/distcc.html

--
Regards
Svein Erik

What has roots as nobody sees, Is taller than trees, Up, up it goes, And yet
never grows?
Svein Erik Brostigen       e-mail: svein.brostigen at oracle.com
Principal Support Engineer                Phone: 407.458.7168
AREM - Advanced Resolution & Escalation Management Team
Oracle Support Services
5955 T.G. Lee Blvd
Orlando FL, 32822

Enabling the Information Age Through Internet Computing