[distcc] Another small patch

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 15 03:22:37 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:32:35AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> Thanks, fixed -- though without the ternary.  I think an if() is
> clearer.

I thought you might opt to go that route.  I would have put the
"ret = 0;" line after the if (adding an "else") in such a case,
but regardless, the bug is now fixed.

> As you probably discovered, HEAD is hardcoded to doing compression at
> the moment

No, I hadn't yet noticed this change.  I had tried on two previous
occasions to change the two DCC_COMPRESS_NONE assignments into
DCC_COMPRESS_LZO1X1 in order to try to hardcode compression, but it had
not successfully distributed work with such a simple hack (installed on
both sides).  Your new version does succeed in talking to itself (with
compression!), so I've got that installed for my one remote server that
tries to get some compile help over an ADSL line.  Looking good so far!

..wayne..