[distcc] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't get distcc working properly, help!

Luke Guest lguest at bubball.com
Mon Jul 14 13:26:06 GMT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:13:13 +0100, Luke Guest wrote:

> Well, I was in the process of sending another message and as was writing I
> copied this into the message:
>
> subdirs: $(SUBDIRS)
> 	@set -e; \
> 	for i in $(SUBDIRS); \
> 	do \
> 		cd $$i; \
> 		$(MAKE); \
> 		cd ..; \
> 	done

You wouldn't know how to modify this rule to automatically use the
top-level make command and flags? I have done it by redefining MAKE = make
--jobs=4 but the manual mentions MAKEFLAGS and MFLAGS.

subdirs: $(SUBDIRS)
	@set -e; \
	for i in $(SUBDIRS); \
	do \
		cd $$i; \
		$(MAKE) $(MFLAGS); \
		cd ..; \
	done

This starts the compile, but fails to distribute.

subdirs: $(SUBDIRS)
	@set -e; \
	for i in $(SUBDIRS); \
	do \
		cd $$i; \
		$(MAKE) $(MAKEGS); \
		cd ..; \
	done

Fails to even start a compile because it bitches about some really strange
targets (it looks like it's translating the flags into targets).

Thanks,
Luke.