[distcc] more modest proposal for fixing intel cc

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Jul 14 02:01:51 GMT 2003

ccache has

       CCACHE_EXTENSION
              Normally ccache tries to automatically determine the extension to
              use for intermediate C pre-processor files based on the  type  of
              file  being  compiled. Unfortunately this sometimes doesn't work,
              for example when using the aCC compiler on HP-UX. On systems like
              this  you  can  use  the  CCACHE_EXTENSION option to override the
              default. On HP-UX set this environment variable to "i" if you use
              the aCC compiler.

I think setting this to "i" would fix Intel cc.  If distcc understood
this as well, then icpc would probably work properly.

If somebody sends me a clean patch to do this I will probably merge
it.  I think it can be done entirely on the client.  I think it should
reuse the same name, literally "CCACHE_EXTENSION".