[distcc] gcc bootstraps with distcc

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Thu Jul 10 22:43:29 GMT 2003

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 03:25 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jul  6, 2003, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> This looks good at first glance.  I image we'd only accept it if
>>> -fpreprocessed?
>
>> Cool, here's the patch I came up with.
>
> After some further discussion on IRC, I ended up having to go with a
> different format to implement the directory line markers.  Here's the
> implementation.  Ok to install?
>
> <distcc-preproc-directory-take4.patch>

I've looked at these, they look good to me.  They bear a strong
resemblance to my own patches that I developed and delivered in our
product for distcc.  :-)  Your version has one advantage over mine,
they reuse of the # format.  This is more critical than you may know.
In my version, I use #pragma gcc_debug_pwd "/sdf/sdf", and that's
turned out to be not as good as I had thought it would be.  It seems
programs like rpcgen/mig didn't like the new stuff, easy enough to fix
them, which we did, but...

The next problem, before you relicate more work, will be to make distcc
work well in the presence of pch.  I have patches for that, let me know
and I can dig them out and send them in.  :-(