[distcc] confirmation of process running on volunteer machines using distcc

murad ali murad_77 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 08:23:25 GMT 2003

   Hi
   Respected Sir Martin & colleagues

   I am Murad Ali . I need help in light of the following info.

   1.  I install distcc 2.7.1 on TWO computers with Redhat Linux 7.3
   2.  On volunteer I started the daemon as
        #distccd  --daemon as distcc user
   3.   with hostname command I change the name of client to murad & that
   of Volunteer to safdar
   4.   I also have created the masquerade directory & links as mentioned
   in Manual.
   5.  The first lines of my project makefile are
             CC = /usr/bin/gcc
             GCCFLAGS=  -c   -wall
   6.  when  I  run  a  my  project(  C program), it get appear on client
   Machine( murad ) with
                                                           TOP
                                                            PS  commands
    but no traces of it on  Voulenteer  with these commands.
   How  can I get satisfaction that some portion is running on Volunteer(
   ie is there any way for checking it)
   7. kindly send me small code for testing it properly
                                                   Wish u all the Best

   Add photos to your e-mail with [1]MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.