[distcc] please test 2.8cvs

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Jul 8 06:11:15 GMT 2003

I'm going to release 2.8 in about 24 hours unless any problems turn
up.  If you get a chance to test CVS please let me know.

I can't think of any particular change that will improve -MD handling,
which is the only other thing I was thinking of for this release.

 - for the common case of foo.c, foo.o, foo.d all in the same
   directory it just works

 - if the makefile specifies -MF it just works

 - otherwise, the behaviour varies unpredictably depending on gcc
   version and so I don't think we can fix it.