[distcc] Announcing distccKNOPPIX

Brian Hall brihall at pcisys.net
Tue Jul 8 03:11:18 GMT 2003

Nice work, but it doesn't work for me when I try it- I suspect the
reason is the difference in gcc versions? distccKNOPPIX uses gcc 3.3,
and the gentoo install I'm doing is using gcc 3.2.2. I am assuming the
distcc process on the main box I'm doing the compile from detects the
version mismatch or something, since it never seems to use the extra
boxes added to the pool. I'm using two PCs for the build now (and -j4);
booting two more PCs with distccKNOPPIX, adding their IPs and upping to
-j8, it never seemed to use the additional compile servers.

--
http://www.pcisys.net/~brihall
Linux Consultant

Microsoft Windows... a virus with mouse support.