[distcc] distcc 2.7.1 is out

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Jul 7 12:42:49 GMT 2003

On 25 Jun 2003, Blayer-Gat Alon <Alon_Blayer-gat at icomverse.com> wrote:
> Although I downloaded/compiled and worked with distcc, the thing that
> prevents me from taking the next step into production (for the rest of our
> R&D ) is the -g issue.
>
> Since a single excutable is statically compiled with many libraries which
> are located in different places, we must have the -g option working
> correctly.  We must be able, as before, to see code of a trace and the flow from
> different libraries.

distcc does not necessarily prevent that, it just makes it a little
more difficult.  You will see the trace through the function names as
before.  Using the 'directory' command and other methods documented
elsewhere you can find the right source for any function.  If you have
files with the same name in different directories and if you use a
recursive Make then some manual intervention may be needed.

A proper fix for this can really only be done in gcc but it looks like
some progress is being made there.  Alternatively you can try the
"line 1" patch from the patches/ directory.