[distcc] gcc bootstraps with distcc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 14:24:25 GMT 2003

On Jul  6, 2003, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya.co.uk> wrote:

> It shouldn't duplicate them - it didn't when I last worked on this
> stuff.  Are you sure you passed -fpreprocessed?

I certainly didn't  *blush* :-)

> Hmmm.  I just tested it and it works OK.

Same here.  I've already fixed the bug that caused the duplication of
<directory> entries, but I'll refrain from posting a revised patch for
now, since we're still discussing other issues.

I'm thinking one way to handle it more efficiently would be to turn it
into a #pragma.  Does this sound any better than the current
<directory> hack?

#pragma GCC debugdir "/path/name"

Also, any thoughts on the interface of the dir_change callback?
Should it take a const char *?  Should the callback have to strdup()
the string itself, or may it just stick to whatever it is passed?