[distcc] gcc bootstraps with distcc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 13:59:17 GMT 2003

On Jul  2, 2003, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:

> In general I would like to favour correctness over performance.

I agree, but since this is an issue that ccache should attempt to
address without cooperation from the compiler, since most (all?)
compilers will behave just like GCC without -Mpwd, and ccache would
lose (or win) in just the same way.

> Perhaps this feature could be turned on if -g is specified?

Since the default CFLAGS when compiling with GCC is -O2 -g, this would
pretty much defeat the cache.