[distcc] distcc-xfree-gentoo problems

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Sat Jun 28 05:47:12 GMT 2003

Thank you all for your clear and helpful responses. I do not
undertsand C and makefiles are a mystery to me. I won't be able to
contribute much to this effort :-(

I'm correct in saying that if we have a very slow machine to compile
for, we leave it out of its own DISTCC_HOSTS list? ie omit "localhost"
on a slow machine??

Thanks.

Man its bad enuf running a normal linux installfest with mandrake, it
gets to be a headache with trying to combine gentoo, distcc and the
disorganisation/anarchy of your typical LUG lol.