[distcc] distcc-xfree-gentoo problems

Brad Cowan bcowan at gentoo.org
Fri Jun 27 05:10:45 GMT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:52:47 -0400
Brad Cowan <bcowan at gentoo.org> wrote:

> The xfree build on Gentoo uses a function called get_number_of_jobs
> that sets the -j value to the number of local cpu's +1. You could
> comment that out of the ebuild, but it's there because building xfree
> in parallel sometimes causes random breakage.

I forgot to mention our gcc and mozilla builds also use this function.
Although I have successfully built these packages with distcc many times
your playing with fire if you remove that function from the build. I
wouldn't recommend removing that function for your installfest, but if
you're on your own box and wanting to test it out by all means do so.

--
Brad Cowan <bcowan at gentoo.org>
Developer,

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB1F16A56
Key fingerprint = C408 75B9 E68D 26E2 EAAE  20CF 4D5E 293D B1F1 6A56