[distcc] parallel make question

Tom Matelich tmatelich at zetec.com
Sat Jun 21 08:32:05 GMT 2003

The same thing that make gmake -j work well for you is whats getting you
here.  I assume you have something like:

all: app1 app2

gmake will perform app1 and app2 at the same time.  To force one then the
other, you need to introduce dependency.  The fastest way would be:

all: app1

app1: app2

But if that is too hidden you could do

all:
    $(MAKE) app1
    $(MAKE) app2

or create extra targets to do the first thing but in an easier to track down
manner.

Hope this helps,

Tom