[distcc] Re: --enable-gnome

Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Wed Jun 18 13:14:26 GMT 2003

I wrote:

> I've tried "make -j5" and still get lots of "Starved" messages although
> we have more than 20 hyperthreaded dual-Xeon machines, that is, more
> than 80 "processors".
>
> An yet I'm pretty sure compilations are correctly distributed. We had
> tested that a few weeks ago, and we still see tremendous acceleration
> when using distcc.

I've attempted to build distcc-2.7 with 'make -j30'. I'm running
distccmon-text this way, in another terminal window:
	distccmon-text 1

Please find attached the output of distcc with DISTCC_VERBOSE defined in
file distcc.log.

Also find attached the output of distccmon-text in file distccmon.out,
you'll see lots of "Starved" messages.

--
Dimitri