[distcc] redeclared symbol error

mbp at samba.org mbp at samba.org
Sun Jun 15 13:25:12 GMT 2003

On 15 Jun 2003, Alex Olugbile <aoo at csag.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I've been tinkering with distcc, but when I try to build my rather small
> application, the compiler generates a steady stream of '...already
> declared in this scope' errors. This error only occurs when I build using
> distcc. Any and all suggestions are  welcome. Thanks,

Thanks for your report.

What version of distcc and g++ are you using?

Can you please send a verbose log file and a copy of the preprocessor
output?  Set these variables and then rebuild just one file.

  DISTCC_LOG=distcc.log
  DISTCC_VERBOSE=1
  DISTCC_SAVE_TEMPS=1

Does it work when you build just hello.cpp?  Can you work out what's
special about your project that is breaking it?