[distcc] fixed now: ERROR: sendfile failed: Connection reset by peer

Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Fri May 23 12:10:06 GMT 2003

Hi Martin,

 > I think this fixes it

Just to let you know the patch works for me, thanks!

 > Yes, that is probably what happened.
 > If there is no log message then it may have crashed.

Just for the sake of completness, here is some more information.

I had checked that the daemons were still running on every machine in
the farm. So daemons wouldn't crash.

It seems it's just that clients wouldn't listen. Indeed running distccd
2.3 daemons with distcc 2.4.1 clients would fail, while using distcc 2.3
clients with either distccd 2.4.1 or 2.3 daemons would work properly.

Anyway, the problem seems to be solved for me now. Thanks again!

Regards,
--
Dimitri