[distcc] Remote Fallback

Thomas Walker Thomas.Walker at morganstanley.com
Thu May 22 16:39:15 GMT 2003

hmm... this is less trivial than I thought.  Since you handle localhost in such a
different way (just exec the compiler rather than pass it all of the info from the cpp
run) this gets complicated.  If, while looping through the host list looking for a
good server, I hit localhost, it jumps out and runs "run_local" which in turn runs gcc
(the whole thing, including cpp again) which isn't so good.  I assume the way
"run_local" works was done just for simplicity?

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive
confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.