[distcc] distcc 2.3 is out

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon May 19 07:04:33 GMT 2003

On 18 May 2003, Matt Watson <mwatson at apple.com> wrote:

> Also, should distcc understand -x assembler-with-cpp? It appears to
> not. We have a bunch of ".s" files in Libc that use this option (though
> these really should be ".S" files).

Do you have enough of them that it would make a big difference?

In any case, distcc always assembles .s or .S files locally, because
they can contain .include statements that refer to local files.  (The
Linux m68k port does this.)  There is no way I know of to preprocess
them.

It is possibly easier to just rename the files to be consistent with gcc.