[distcc] gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as'

Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Mon May 12 14:54:30 GMT 2003

Hi again,

I've looked into this problem into more detail.

I've set environment variable DISTCC_VERBOSE to 1 and DISTCC_LOG to
/tmp/distcc-log-$user in order to log client errors.

Please find attached a typical client log. Failures do not happen on any
particular machine.

Note that we are using ccache (I do clear the cache before running each
new series of tests) and that distcc is therefore launched by ccache.
That said this shouldn't have any incidence. We follow the
recommendations on this page:
	http://ccache.samba.org/ccache/ccache-man.html

Additional information on our setup follows:

	$ which gcc cc
	/usr/local/bin/gcc
	/usr/local/bin/cc
	$
	$ file /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/local/bin/cc
	/usr/local/bin/gcc: symbolic link to ccache
	/usr/local/bin/cc:  symbolic link to ccache
	$
	$ which ccache
	/usr/local/bin/ccache
	$